Capital works planning and delivery, Melbourne Water
CNC Project Management has an ongoing relationship with Melbourne Water.
CNC has supported Melbourne Water’s Major Project Delivery since 2013 in the fields of project planning, environmental approvals, engineering, strategy and communications. Each of these projects involve engaging with stakeholders or community, and where possible, obtaining their buy-in and input into the project planning and solution.
To date, we have successfully:
- Managed environmental approvals and stakeholder engagement on projects including with Western Treatment Plant and Alphington Sewer Replacement Project
- Advised on approvals scenarios for over 300 projects to be delivered under the 2013-2018 Water Plan
- Provided communications and engagement support on the M40 Preston to Merri Creek Water Main Renewal Project, the M41 Merri Creek to MCG Water Main Renewal Project, the Lilydale Lake Wetland Rectification Project and numerous retarding basins in Melbourne’s south-east
- Advised and supported Melbourne Water’s government relations team on local government liaison and relationship management
- Prepared the baseline communications strategy for the Yarra Strategic Plan, including the development of co-design strategy with 12 Victorian government agencies, departments, councils and key stakeholders
- Supervised and audited construction contractors’ engagement activities on the Water for a Growing West Project, providing Melbourne Water with confidence that quality practices are in place.