Victorian Desalination Project, Thiess Degrémont NACAP JV
CNC Project Management was engaged by the Thiess Degrémont NACAP Joint Venture to manage all community and landowner engagement on the underground power and pipeline section of the $5.7b Victorian Desalination Project.
At the time, the Victorian Desalination Project was considered one of the largest and most complex infrastructure projects undertaken in Australia.
Despite the scale and complexity of the project and adverse weather conditions, CNC effectively supported the project team anticipating and managing issues at the source, as well as facilitating stakeholder and community feedback to prevent issues escalating.
The CNC team’s achievements include:
- Managed engagement with communities, local authorities and over 140 landowners
- Prepared and obtained approval for pre-construction condition reports and construction line lists
- Supported the project team in preparing plans, budgets and delivery methodologies
- Worked with pipeline contractors to deliver safe and timely property access
- Coordinated project disciplinary teams involved in interactions with landowners and stakeholders
- Prepared weekly and monthly reports to the project team and the Victorian Government
- Managed the reinstatement process, recording and negotiating claims for losses and arranging damage release from landowners.