Project Communications Guidelines, MTM
In 2015 CNC researched and wrote Project Communications Guidelines for Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM), operator of Melbourne’s metropolitan train network.
CNC worked closely with MTM to ensure the Guidelines were easy to use, implemented across MTM’s project delivery team and incorporated the highest standards of communications practice.
As a result, MTM was able to ensure that a consistent communications approach was used on all of its capital projects across Melbourne.
In order to develop the Guidelines, CNC:
- Prepared and obtained approval for a project-specific communications and engagement plan
- Assisted in the organisation of a media ‘sod-turn’ event
- Drafted a communications activity planner for the duration of the project
- Prepared notification templates for the client to populate with details about major works and impacts (e.g. occupations and road closures)
- Provided strategic communications and engagement advice to the client and liaising between the client and its operating partner, V-Line.